Do you have time to cook dinner? This easy flank steak recipe could help you get dinner on the table faster.
My time is often uneven – tons of time in the kitchen on Saturday at 10 am, and almost none on Tuesday at 6 pm. On the weekends, I often have hours at home, while my son has a therapist work with him. During the week, our schedule usually feels more frantic, with driving to occupational therapy and other activities. Make-ahead meals have become part of my dinner solution for this rhythm of life. On the weekends I assemble and freeze these dinner building blocks. On a weekend, all it takes is a few minutes of hands-on time to have an unprocessed dinner on the table.
Quick and Easy Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 T honey
- 2 T oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 flank steak
- Combine marinade ingredients in s a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Score flank steak and press into mariande.
- Seal steak and remaining marinade in gallon-size freezer bag, pressing out the air.
- Meat will marinate as it freezes.
- To cook, thaw and either broil or grill to desired doneness, 3-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Allow steak to rest before slicing, against the grain.
This flank steak recipe is endlessly versatile – serve it with rice or roasted potatoes (first toss them in some of this). Pile slices on a French roll for a steak sandwich, or roll in a tortilla for a make-shift fajita. One of my favorites is with this easy – and also make-ahead chimichurri recipe.