Do you love a good blueberry muffin? Bursting with berries – and with a bonus of some protein? Then this recipe for blueberry muffins is for you. I love
This recipe for blueberry muffins uses a combination of Greek yogurt – which I always have on
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup, minus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Greek whole milk yogurt (such as Straus)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12-cup muffin pan. Combine flour, soda, powder, and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in one-half of dry ingredients, followed by a 1/4 cup of the yogurt and the milk. Beat in half of the remaining dry ingredients, then 1/2 cup of the yogurt; repeat with remaining ingredients, leaving about 1 tablespoon of flour mixture in the bowl.
- Toss blueberries in remaining flour and then gently fold into batter, which will be quite thick. Divide into greased muffin pan and bake 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan once after about 15 minutes.
- Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Or cool completely and freeze.
These are substantial muffins – like a solid breakfast or brunch item on their own. Enjoy!
For more recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest.